Monday, November 3, 2014

2014 Lolita New Year's Resolutions: How'd I do?

Last year, for the Lolita Blog Carnival, I wrote about my lolita fashion new year's resolutions. I had been thinking recently about how cool it'd be to re-visit that post and see if I actually came through with the resolutions I made (which I usually don't haha). So let's see how I did!

1. Own white blouses and shoes.
(half Success!)

Blouses: 123
I surprisingly achieved (half) of this! I recently bought a white blouse since Bodyline had a free shipping offer. Funnily enough, I got the first short-sleeved blouse I featured in the post last year. It really convinced me that I do still love lolita! I just needed to see my JSKs worn with a white blouse. I didn't buy white shoes, I still really want those shoes I featured! I ordered deep pink shoes but they're stuck in customs (for the past 9 days). I hope they get here! If not I'll re-order them for Christmas.

2. Complete a full coord without using any black
(Fail!)

Source: 1 , 2, 3 (unkown)
I totally failed here. I just couldn't do this since I didn't own a white blouse until the very end and my pink shoes just haven't gotten here either and bleh! I was kind of sad I couldn't do this :(  I'm hoping to definitely do this next year!

3. Buy a cute apron to wear over dresses
(Fail!)

Source: 123
Hahha this post is just looking good for me. No I didn't get a cute little apron either (which would've been such an easy, inexpensive addition) I still like aprons with lolita so I will try next year to get one! I'm thinking though that I want a half apron instead of a full one. They seem more toned down and versatile for lolita.

4. Take pictures of my coords more often
(Fail!)

Sources: 12, 3 (unknown)
I literally only posted 2 coords this year. 2! That's so bad hhahah. It's almost like I posted less after I made the resolution! And I hate the coord I wore to see Misako. My coat had smooshed my petti so it got all flat and the black and pink coord was just too harsh and the blazer looked atrocious with the outfit ughhhh. But I'm learning... And that's a good reason to take more pictures, it lets me look back at my progress and figure out what worked and didn't work.
 

So it looks like 2014 was a lolita resolution FAIL. Hahahaa not too shocked, but it was fun going back to see what 2013 Aleks wanted me to accomplish this year. Sorry to disappoint you 2013 Aleks!!

So were you able to keep any of your fashion-related resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment